Call to Schedule: 570-567-1210
Answer these questions with a simple YES or NO answer. If you discover you have answered YES to any of these questions, you may be experiencing the onset of hearing loss. It is important to establish a baseline hearing measure with a comprehensive hearing exam.
Contact The Hearing & Balance Center if you should have any questions or concerns.
1. Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to do?
2. Do you have difficulty following conversations in noisy surroundings like in a restaurant or at a party?
3. Do you find yourself asking people to repeat what they say?
4. Do you find you need to turn up the volume on your TV so that others comment on its loudness?
5. Do you sometimes avoid taking calls on the telephone because it is difficult to hear what people are asking?
6. Do you have difficulty pinpointing the direction of where a sound is coming from ?
7. Has someone close to you mentioned that you may have an issue with your hearing?
8. Do you feel you use a lot of effort just to follow everyday conversations?
9. Do you feel you have to strain to hear everything that is said in a meeting?
10. Do you feel that you are missing out on activities/events you used to enjoy due to problems with your hearing?
11. Do you sometimes answer a question and realize afterwards that you did not understand the question correctly?
12. Do you feel you must really concentrate to hear some talk or whisper?
*Disclaimer: This Hearing Check does not replace a professional evaluation however the results may indicate whether or not it ma be worth seeking advice from a hearing care professional.
** Hearing Self Test Courtesy of Oticon